Low Calorie Thai Chicken Wrap
Don’t worry, I’m alive! I have been dying to tell you guys about all of the delicious things I have been eating lately. I have been counting my calories and tracking everything on the My Fitness Pal app so I have been getting really creative with how to make stuff taste great with little calories. When trying to do this I have been sticking to a few rules. Usually when I cook turkey or chicken in a pan, I pour down some olive oil and don’t think twice about it. Now I use cooking spray for everything I put in a pan. That alone saves me tons of calories. My other saviors have been 0% greek yogurt and PB2. I’ve been using greek yogurt in lots of sauces and dips to make then healthier yet still creamy and rich. And I don’t know if you have or haven’t heard about PB2 but it is MY JAM. It is powdered peanut butter so basically just peanut butter without the oil. No oil means that 2 tablespoons of the powder is only 45 calories. I use PB2 in everything from smoothies to these thai wraps! I also used it in a peanut dressing for a thai salad this weekend. It is so great to get that tasty peanut butter flavor with way less fat and calories. Another thing I have been loving are these low carb tortillas. As much as I try to just eat protein and veggies, I can’t get very full without some kind of carb. What makes these low carb is the fact they have lots of fiber which balances out the net carbs. And the fiber helps fill you up. This whole wrap only comes out to 155 calories and it is full of flavor and will fill you up! Win win win!
First you must bake your chicken! All I put on this was cooking spray and salt and pepper.
Here is the sauce line up!
PB2… the best!
Once everything is mixed up, the sauce will be thick and perfect.
Here are all of the components of my wraps.
These whole wheat low carb tortillas were the perfect base. The I added in a kale salad mix, shredded carrots and the chicken.
Wrap up and enjoy!!
Low Calorie Thai Chicken Wrap
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 cups of cooked chicken breast, chopped into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons PB2 (or any powdered peanut butter)
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- low carb tortillas
- You can cook your chicken however you like but I like to bake chicken breasts at 400 degrees for 16 minutes. To keep it low calorie, I just spray the breasts with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Once the chicken is cooked, chop it into cubes.
- In a medium bowl, combine PB2, seasoned rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Once combined, add in chicken and stir to coat the chicken in the sauce.
- The chicken just like this is great on salads too, but I love it in a wrap for lunch. You can add anything you like to this wrap but I went with kale and shredded carrots!
Calories based on 1/2 cup of filling (75 calories) +80 calorie low carb tortilla.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 155
This looks delicious, I’m heading out to find the nearest store that carries PB2