Hummus Avocado Tartine
Why are the best things in life so simple? A sunny day, a good convo, or laugh attack can make you the happiest person in the world. When you stop thinking about the stressful things like work, bills and your furture, everthing just seems better. This tartine did just that. It made me smile and forget. It made me think of summer and blue skies. I was lucky enough to get a sneak peak at La Boulange Bakery’s new cookbook “Cafe Cooking at Home” that is coming out in April. These recipes are amazing and I can’t wait for this book to come out. Enjoy!
First grab some good bread. I found this multi-grain loaf at Trader Joes.
A layer of hummus.
Top with sprouts, olive oil, salt & pepper.
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1 slice country bread
- 5 slices cucumber
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2–3 tablespoons sprouts
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- *Depending on how large your slice of bread is, you may use more or less of each topping.
- Gather ingredients. Spread the hummus on the bread and lay the cucumber and tomato slices on top. Cover with the avocado. Sprinkle witht the sprouts and add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Recipe from La Boulange Bakery’s Cookbook “Cafe Cooking at Home”