- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon chopped dried or candied ginger
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add add in beaten egg, melted and cooled coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract. (Please make sure your coconut oil is cool!) Next add in almond flour, coconut flour, ground ginger and baking soda, mixing well to combine and form a dough. Fold in lemon zest and candied ginger You may need to use your hands to moisten the dough so that it sticks together well.
- Use a cookie scoop or large tablespoon to drop dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Gently flatten the dough with your hand. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden brown. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finishing cooling.
- For the glaze, combine coconut sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds to dissolve the sugar. Place in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes to bring back to room temperature. Drizzle on cooled cookies!
- Makes 10-12 cookies.
- *Note: You probably won’t use all of the glaze (and thats okay!).