Clean Cinnamon Pecan Pie Bars
This post goes out to my favorite lover of everything pecan!! My dad!! 🙂 He absolutely loves pecan pie, pecan bars, pecan everything!! So I set out to make a healthy version of his favorite cinnamon pecan pie bars. The first big thing to get past is that the main ingredients of the common pecan pie is corn syrup. You probably know this but corn syrup is not so great for you. But I found a great alternative to the situation – Brown Rice Syrup! This stuff is a sweet syrup that is made from brown rice which makes it gluten free. So that was the biggest step. The crust is totally grain free and consists of good stuff like almond flour, pecans, egg, maple syrup and coconut oil! All good nourishing food that comes together for a super moist shortbread like crust.
I want to make you a promise right now. I promise that if you make these bars and bring them to friends, they will have no idea they are healthy. I brought leftovers of my second batch to work and everyone loved them! They couldn’t believe they were healthy and let’s be honest, that’s kind of the point right? So make these Pecan Pie Bars and get ready for fall. Because even though it will still be hot for another 2 months – you better believe fall is coming to every food blog near you! HAPPY SEPTEMBER!!! 🙂
This plate was dangerous. I ate a lot.
Bring them to your friends people!!
If you love these Clean Pecan Bars you will love these other recipes:
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (at room temp)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 4 large Eggs
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven ti 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine almond flour, ½ cup chopped pecans, 1 egg, coconut oil, maple syrup, 2 teaspoons vanilla and ½ teaspoon of salt. Spray an 8×8 pyrex dish with coconut oil spray and add the dough, pressing it into an even layer. Bake crust for 15 minutes.
- While the crust bakes, start the topping. In a large bowl combine brown rice syrup, coconut sugar, 4 eggs, coconut flour, 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1 teaspoon of salt. Whisk until completely combined then stir in 2 cups of chopped pecans. Pour topping onto crust and cook for 35-40 more minutes or until the filling is firm (with only a slight jiggle when you shake it).
- Let cool completely before slicing!