- 6 chicken tenderloins (or 2 smaller skinless, boneless chicken breasts), cooked and cooled, then diced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped, flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 small honeycrisp apple, unpeeled and diced finely
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Some kind of soft bread, toasted
- Lettuce or greens
- Add the chicken and the rest of the ingredients up to and including the honey to a medium-large bowl, and toss gently until combined. Set aside, or keep covered in the fridge if preparing ahead.
- Add a leaf or two of your favorite type of greens to the bottom piece of toasted bread, then add a generous amount of the chicken salad over the greens, topping with another piece of bread.