Vanilla Almond Protein Cups
Any Reese’s fans out there on the interwebs? I myself love the things and my husband (WHOSE BIRTHDAY IT IS TODAY!!) is straight up OBSESSED. So when I found this Silicone Mold on Amazon I knew I had to attempt my own version. Now I already knew almond butter would be a perfect base but I also wanted to add some flavor and sweetness to the mix. Another bonus? PROTEIN! My friends at Vital Proteins make this incredible Collagen Whey Protein that is pure, simple and packed with Vanilla flavor! The perfect addition to makes these cups about 10x healthier than that popular chemical packed PB treat. 2 scoops of the stuff has a whopping 25 grams of protein and only 4 grams of sugar.
If you are trying to add protein into your diet but think that all protein powders are packed with chemicals – there is finally a clean alternative! This stuff is great to add to smoothies or just with water or almond milk, but I think adding them to dessert might be my favorite. All these cups have in them is almond butter, the collagen whey & honey! Then of course I used this super delish dark (74%) chocolate. They pack a punch are are perfect to have in the fridge when your sweet tooth hits. Also, now that I got the mold I am trying to think of what else I can put in cup form. I really want to be one of those people who thinks ahead and puts leftover herbs and olive oil in a mold and freezes them for later use… i’ll keep you posted on that front!
For now, grab one of these molds on amazon, some Collagen Whey from Vital Proteins, then get to making these cups!!
Dat drizzle tho. 🙂
Head to the Vital Proteins website to get some for yourself!!
Perfectly stuffed and ready to eat!
Who needs more chocolate recipes
Honey Vanilla Almond Butter Cups
Pin these Vanilla Almond Protein Cups to save for later!!
Vanilla Almond Protein Cups
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Vital Proteins Vanilla & Coconut Water Collagen Whey
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon honey
- 9 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
- In a bowl combine almond butter, Collagen Whey & honey and stir until combined. In a microwave safe bowl, add 8 oz of the chopped chocolate. Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each time, until fully melted (about 2 minutes and 30 seconds total). Then add in the remaining ounce of chocolate and stir until melted. This helps temper the chocolate!
- Take your silicone cup mold and add 1 teaspoon of chocolate to each cup. Use the end of a wooden spoon to swirl the chocolate up the sides of the mold. Place the mold in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes to firm the chocolate up. One chocolate is set, scoop the almond butter mixture into balls (about 1 heaping teaspoon of it) and add 1 ball to each cup.
- Then scoop the remaining chocolate on top of the almond butter until the cup is full. Once they are all filled, place cups in the refrigerator (on a cookie sheet for stability), until set.
- Pop out of the mold and enjoy! Keep them in the refrigerator for best texture!
- *Note: You will not use all of the almond butter mixture! Keep the extra in the fridge for snacking or you can use more chocolate and make more!
- *Makes 30 cups!
OK NOMS!!!!! Dude, amazing. I would eat ALL OF THESE. I’m working on some recipes for Vital Protein too. Love their products!
Ah thanks Chrissa!!! OH WE DID EAT THEM ALL!!! Way too fast!! 🙂 And yayyy love vital proteins!!
Fantastic! A little healthiness with our “candy” 😉
Woo hoo!!! Definitely the way to go for a splurge!