Sugar Cookies!!! There are many similar yet different sugar cookie recipes out there, but let me tell you, use this one! I may be biased because these are the cookies I grew up with, but they are just the perfect amount of soft and crispy that you need in a cookie. They are especially good for decorating. I made a batch and had some friends over for cookie decorating fun! Complete with Hot Cocoa Bar!
And plenty of wine, cheese and crackers!
To start making these cookies, get out your basic ingredients.
First cream your butter and sugar.
Add eggs and vanilla.
Then add in your dry ingredients.
Wrap that in wax paper and/or plastic wrap and put in the fridge for a couple hours or overnight.
Once chilled, roll out on a flat surface with plenty of flour.
Make sure to get some awesome cookie cutters. Sur La Table has a ton of fun options for only a dollar each.
Margarita glasses and dinosaurs!
Just bake for about 6 minutes and you will have ready to frost treats!
- 5 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups softened butter (3 sticks)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- Sift together flour, baking powder & salt in bowl.
- In a separate bowl cream together butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Blend in eggs & vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Wrap dough in wax paper and/or plastic wrap, and chill in refridgerator over night.
- Roll out and sprinkle with flour.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes. (6 for softer cookies, 8 for crispier)
Can you make this ahead of time and freeze the dough or how long ahead of time can you make the dough will it keep in the refrigerator. I want to bake some cookies on the 23rd .
Yes of course, just take it out of the fridge an hour or so before you want to roll out.
Have you ever made these with Gluten Free flour?
No, but give it a try!
I haven’t baked these yet, but I just sampled the batter before putting it in the fridge, and it’s divine! Can wait to bake them with the kiddos today!
Have loads of fun!