Strawberry Balsamic Jam
Have you been living in a jam and jellyless world since eating a bit healthier? Once I gave up on tons of added sugar in my diet, my favorite strawberry jam on toast took a major back seat in my life. But you know what makes normal jelly have that thick consistency? SUGAR! Boiling up sugar and fruit releases pectin with thickens it up and makes it nice and spreadable. So when you want to cut back on sugar you have to get creative! Time for some gelatin – Vital Protein Beef Gelatin to be exact. This stuff is a 100% pure, pasture-raised, grass-fed gelatin powder that thickens up this jam perfectly! The gelatin is a lot like the collagen peptides in that it is identical to the protein found in skin, nails, hair, bones, cartilage, and joints. I can’t tell you enough how much this stuff has transformed my skin!!
I plan to tell you all about what taking collagen for the past few months has done for me but in short – SMOOTH SKIN! I haven’t had super smooth skin like… ever?! I thought my new norm was bumpy skin on the back of my arms but after just a few months of taking Vital Proteins everyday it has been a total transformation. If you can find ways to add this stuff into recipes or even just water, everyday, you will notice a big change! So if I could manage to add these benefits into jam while also keeping it low in sugar – that is a win in my book. I added balsamic to this to give it a savory & sweet flavor that works on both meat and sweeter breakfast options like yogurt or sweet potato toast!
Now check this simple recipe out!
This stuff makes me wonder how I lived before??!
This post is sponsored by Vital Proteins! I was compensated and all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you so much for supporting Little Bits Of!
If you love this Strawberry Balsamic Jam recipe, we have a few more strawberry recipes:
Mini Strawberry Nice Cream Cookie Cups
Roasted Strawberry Vanilla Bean Sauce
Chocolate Dipped Sweet Potato Toast with Strawberry Salsa
Strawberry Balsamic Jam
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- Chop the tops off of the strawberries and discard them, then slice the strawberries in quarters. Put the strawberries, balsamic vinegar and honey in a small saucepan and place over medium-high heat.
- Allow the mixture to boil lightly for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the strawberries are softened, start mashing the mixture with a potato masher or a whisk until it reaches your desired consistency (mash less for chunkier jam and mash more for a smoother jam).
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the gelatin and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a jar and allow the cool for about 15-20 minutes. Place the lid on the jar and store in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to set. Use on a sandwich, drizzle on pork, or spread on sweet potato toast!
Oh my goodness just dump that in my mouth please. I love fruit with balsamic. Oh, and love love vital proteins! Great recipe incorporating all that fruity, collagen goodness!
Woo hoo! Thanks Chrissa! I love balsamic all over my fruit too!!