Yep you ready that right! Healthier Whatchamacallit. The Whatchamacallit candy bar is at the top of my favorites for it’s perfect light combo of caramel, peanut butter and crisp. With halloween around the corner I always love to remake favorite candy bars, like twix, so this year I was determined to get the whatchamacallit right. I tested this about 5 times and finally got it right! It had to be the perfect caramel texture that wasn’t too heavy or chewy. For this recipe you can use any crisp rice (these ones are from trader joes) or you can even use Magic Spoon cereal in the peanut butter flavor for even more peanut butter goodness. I made these in bar form but they would also be great in small bite squares I think.
- Coconut sugar
- Sweetened condensed coconut milk
- Vanilla extract
- Natural peanut butter
- Crispy rice cereal
- Dark chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
How to make Healthy Whatchamacallit
- In a microwave safe bowl combine ghee, honey, coconut sugar and sweetened condensed coconut milk mix and then microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds on high. Add vanilla extract and salt and mix, then add natural peanut butter and stir in throughly.
- Next combine crispy rice cereal making sure you combine well so all the crispy cereal gets covered
- Pour and press into a 9 x 13 parchment lined pyrex, allow too cool. Feel free to pop it into the fridge to harden. Slice into 18 bars
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl, dip bars into chocolate to coat and place on parchment line plate to cool.
- Harden in the fridge and store there are well. Enjoy
If you really want to impress your friends here are a few more homemade candy recipes to try:
Pin the image below to save this Healthier Whatchamacallit recipe for later!
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 18 1x
- ¼ cup ghee, melted
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut sweetened condensed milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Flakey Sea Salt
- In a medium sized microwavable bowl, combine ghee, honey, coconut sugar and coconut sweetened condensed milk and mix to combine. Microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds on high. Remove and stir in vanilla extract then add in peanut butter and stir to combine.
- Then stir in crisp rice cereal and pour into a parchment paper lined 9 x 13 inch pyrex.
- Let cool and harden in the refrigerator. Slice into bars.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave then dip the bars in the chocolate to coat and set on a parchment paper lined pan or plate. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Harden in the refrigerator and store there as well.
- Prep Time: 4 minutes
Would it be possible to sub something else for ghee, to make it fully vegan?
I would say try vegan butter!