Chocolate Chunk Bourbon Pecan Tart
I have been wanting to create a pecan tart recipe that didn’t have corn syrup but still had the sweetness and bite that a traditional pecan pie has since last fall and here it is!! Of course I added chocolate chunks, bourbon and sea salt to it because they make everything better. I love a pecan pie or tart around the holidays and the best part of them is that you can make them a day or two before which is amazing for Thanksgiving!
You can also make this in the Traeger (or any smoker) if your oven is being used. I used to not like pecan pie when I was younger (something about the texture) but they are my dads absolute favorite so I would make them for him year after year and eventually I started loving them! Now If you have any texture issues with pecan pies, this is the tart for you! It is just a bit thinner than a pie so it has a fabulous texture and filling to crust ratio. Important things people! Okay let’s just get to the recipe shall we?
- Gluten free pie crust
- Chopped pecan
- Coconut sugar
- Oat flour
- Maple syrup
- Chocolate chunks
- Sea salt
How to make Chocolate Chunk Bourbon Pecan Tart
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Lay the tart pan on a piece of parchment paper and cut to size, let this on the bottom of the tart pan and spray the sized with non-stick spray
- Fit your gluten free pie dough into the tart pan, making sure to goes up the edges
- Bake the crust on its own for 15 min
- Once cooked lay the pecans on the bottom of the pan
- In a medium bowl combine the melted butter, coconut sugar, oat flour, vanilla, bourbon, salt, cinnamon and eggs mix well
- Add the maple syrup to the bowl and mix again
- Pour filling over the pecans and top with a few chocolate chunks and bake for 40 min
- Once finished baking add a few more chocolate chips and flakey sea salt
- Cool completely and enjoy!
We have so many other great pecan recipes for you to try:
Pin the image below to save this Chocolate Chunk Bourbon Pecan Tart for later!
- 1 gluten free pie crust*
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp oat flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup chocolate chunks
- Flakey sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees*.
- Spray your tart pan with some oil spray then add a circle of parchment paper on the bottom (cut to size).
- Lay your pie crust on the tart pan and fit it to the size, pushing the crust up the edges and trim.
- Bake the crust by itself for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, add pecans to the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter, coconut sugar, oat flour, vanilla, bourbon, salt, cinnamon and eggs and stir to combine.
- Once combined, add in maple syrup and combine again.
- Pour filling over pecans and top with chocolate chunks, then bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove then add a few more chocolate chunks and flakey sea salt on top when it is still hot.
- Let cool completely then enjoy!
- If you are not gluten free you can use regular pie crust and all purpose flour instead of oat flour.
- You can also sub coconut sugar for cane sugar.
- This recipe can also be made on the Traeger! If you do that, preheat Traeger to 350 degrees and cook the same way!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 65 minutes