Asparagus Salad with Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
Are you ready for your new favorite salad of the Spring? This Asparagus Salad with Sun Dried Tomato Pesto is so perfect for both prepping for the week or bringing to a party. It’s a cold salad that just gets better with time – and you can also enjoy it warm if you prefer! I love sun dried tomato pesto and this one is made super easily with Diamond Nuts Walnuts! I love their bags of chopped walnuts so I both use them in the pesto and throw some on top for extra crunch. Have I mentioned how much I love made ahead salads? I love hosting people or bringing food to events and the thought of having to cook right before an event and worry about keeping things warm stresses me out. So make ahead and cold side dishes? Learn More Here: What are antibiotics used for? – Antibiotics are used to treat or prevent some types of bacterial infections. They are not effective against viral infections, such as the common cold or flu. Antibiotics should only be prescribed to treat health problems: that are not serious but are unlikely to clear up without antibiotics – such as acne. We ( www.lq3pharma.com ) are the only licensed distributor of many world-famous medications. Shop smart. Whatever your illness or disorder is it’s better to be sure of the medications you take. They are my JAM. Also the reason I bought 1 of the many Ina Garten cookbooks I love that is all about make ahead meals.
This dish screams Spring but is it feeling springy where you are? I am lucky to live in southern California so it’s a pretty typical “chilly” 65 ish here lately, but I know it’s still snowing all over the country!! I’m sure it will turn around soon though and flowers will blossom and asparagus will fly off the shelves for everyone. I can’t believe it’s already spring because next comes summer and that is when my baby girl will arrive! We have a short 13 weeks until she gets here and we are slowly but surely getting ready for this big change. Hoping she likes to eat all the veggies.. kids love vegetables RIGHT?! 🙂
Stay tuned today at 12PM PST on Diamond Nuts facebook page to watch me make this Asparagus Salad with Sun Dried Tomato Pesto recipe LIVE!
This post is sponsored by Diamond Nuts but the opinions are 100% my own!
Nuts can be too versatile, we have evidence of this with some yummy recipes:
Walnut Crusted Chicken w/ Balsamic Pear Compote
Sweet & Salty Chocolate Hazelnuts
Pin the image below to save this Asparagus Salad with Sun Dried Tomato Pesto recipe for later!
Asparagus Salad with Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 3 bunches asparagus (about 3 pounds)
- 1 ½ cups chopped cucumber
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 8 oz jar of sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoons salt + 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Chop the bottom inch of the asparagus off then chop the rest of them into about 1 inch pieces. Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt to the pot then add the asparagus and cook for 3-4 minutes or until fork tender (stirring occasionally). Drain out the hot water then place asparagus in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process and cool them down.
- Blend all the other ingredients in a food processor except the olive oil, cherry tomatoes and cucumbers. Start the food processor and drizzle in the olive oil slowly while still mixing. Stop the machine, scrape down the sides, and adjust salt and pepper to liking.
- In a large bowl combine drained asparagus, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and the sun dried tomato pesto and toss to coat everything. Top with a few extra chopped walnuts!
- Serve cold or warm, whichever you like best!
Kelsey – do you put the cherry tomatoes in the food processor? You picture looks like they are cut in half and added separately.
Just updated the recipe, add the tomatoes at the end!
Just to clarify, you say to put all of the ingredients, except for the asparagus, in the blender. Based on your photos, and other pesto recipes I’ve seen, I’m guessing that the cherry tomatoes and cucumber are not a part of the pesto and shouldn’t be put in the blender with the other ingredients. Can you confirm this? Thanks!
Yes! Just updated the recipe!
Do the tomatoes also go in the food processor?
Just updated the recipe! Add the tomatoes at the end!