Vanilla Almond Flour Pound Cake
The time has come for the Grilling Gals Summer Series! It’s the one stop shop for all your grilling questions, inspiration and confidence building to make you the go-to griller in the home.
Having family over for dinner? Want to make a nice meal for you and your significant other? Wondering how to switch out the propane tank? We answer all these questions and more in the Summer Series and we cannot wait for you to try out your grill. This series came out of both my sister and I wanting to be more comfortable with our grills. When Matt works multiple days and I have an itch to grill some chicken for meal prep or even better pizza, I wanted to do it then and not have to wait for him to get home. Come to find out lots of people are not super comfortable with their grills. Maybe it’s the idea that you are going to burn your eyebrows off or there has just always been another person to do the grilling. The Grilling Gals Summer Series is going to come in clutch for you, just in time for summer!
We are going to work into the series slowly. As I’m sure you are aware I have been on a loaf kick; they are easy to make, can be eaten any time of the day and Ruth is always obsessed with them. I really wanted to make a loaf cake that could go well with all the great summer berries and fruit this time of year. To enhance the juicy strawberries and peaches or pineapple but is also delish on its own. This recipe comes together ridiculously easily and ingredients can be swapped out seamlessly if you find yourself out of a certain item.
This Vanilla Almond Flour Pound Cake checks all those boxes. My suggestion for this treat is to slice up the cake and cover it with grilled peaches and a dollop of coconut whipped cream, you can thank me later.
Comment below on what fruit you are using to jazz up your Vanilla Almond Flour Pound Cake!
Pin the image below to save this Vanilla Almond Flour Pound Cake recipe for later!
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted
- ½ cup dairy free yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and coconut sugar and whisk to combine. Then add in almond milk, ghee, dairy free yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract and whisk to fully combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and doesn’t jiggle in the middle when you lightly shake it.
- Once cooked, let it cool completely.