Tandoori Tuna and Cauliflower Rice Bake
It’s tuna time folks!! I am SO pumped to be partnering with Safe Catch once again to highlight their incredible tuna products. Tuna is one of my favorite easy proteins and now that I am pregnant Safe Catch is the only kind I will eat! They test every single tuna for mercury levels so that they are safe for everyone – even 15 week pregnant Kelsey. Yeah that’s right I said 15 weeks! AH. I should probably start a registry or start thinking about a nursery but there will be time for that… right?! In the meantime I am going to just keep working and figuring out how to trick myself into eating healthy food. I don’t dislike veggies as much as I did the first trimester but I still don’t love them like I used to so tricking myself is KEY! Recipes in my new eBook are great for this and because it is filled with good veggie packed casseroles I decided to make one for the blog too.
Safe Catch came out with tons of naturally flavored tuna last year and it is so fun to throw into dishes to give them tons of added flavor. I was starring into my pantry and saw the Tandoori flavor and thought it would be fabulous with some cauliflower rice and bell peppers and creamy sauce. I love this recipe because you just throw everything into a bowl and stir it together then pour it into a casserole dish and bake it! Just the kind of recipe my tired prego self needs. First thing you need to do is go on Safe Catch’s website and grab some tandoori tuna – then get to cooking! If you are looking for it in your area you can check out their site store finder but make sure they sell the tandoori flavor! I just loved this simple recipe because it is perfect to make for the week and reheat and has your protein, vegetables and healthy fat all in one nice package.
Yep yep! Lowest mercury of any brand!!
Garlic, ginger, cumin, cinnamon – all the best tandoori flavors come alive in this dish! (at first I typed fish instead of dish but that totally works too!! 🙂 )
If you love this recipe we have a collection of more very similar:
One Pan Garlic Herb Tuna Cakes and Veggies
Broccoli & Cauliflower Veggie Patties
Pin the image below to save this Tandoori Tuna and Cauliflower Rice Bake for later!
Tandoori Tuna and Cauliflower Rice Bake
- ½ cup mayonnaise (i use primal kitchen)
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk (make sure the cream and liquid are combined)
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 – 1.5 teaspoons salt (depending on how salty you like things)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups raw cauliflower rice
- 2 bell peppers (any color) chopped into slices then cut in half
- 3 cans Safe Catch Tandoori Tuna
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine mayonnaise, coconut milk, cashew butter, arrowroot powder, garlic powder, ground ginger, ground cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Add in cauliflower rice, bell peppers, Safe Catch Tandoori Tuna (with its liquid) and lime juice. Stir to combine evenly.
- Pour the whole mixture into a casserole dish (9 x 13) and spread it out evenly. I chopped up the scraps of my bell peppers to place on top but that is optional.
- Bake for 30 minutes to cook the cauliflower and it is bubbling on the sides.
I don’t have access to SafeCatch 🙁 it’s such a tease when you cook with it! How many oz are these cans of tuna?
They are 5 oz. and you can find them on their website!
Love this recipe Kelsey! I swear it’s your most under appreciated recipe…. it’s full of flavor and super easy! Srsly love having this tuna on hand and making this in a pinch. Makes me feel like I’m making a casserole or “hot dish” as we call it in Minnesota. Lol! Thanks for this easy favorite!
YAY!! Good reminder to tell everyone to try it!! 🙂
This is a staple of our household’s paleo recipe offerings. So easy to throw together, and so delicious too. Thanks, Kelsey!
That is great to hear!!