Raise your hand if you love soup! Is it raised? Okay, you can continue reading. Minestrone soup is one of my faves! It is packed with tons of veggies, beans and pasta goodness. This soup is an easy way to get lots of nutrients in one tasty punch. Have any of you seen Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead? Oh geez. Matt and I watched it this weekend and officially want to go on a juice cleanse. I don’t think it’s really going to happen, but you better believe I stopped and got a green juice Monday morning! The documentary basically follows this guy who is overweight and sick, as he attempts a 60 day juice fast. He loses a ton of weight, his illness goes away and he gets off all of his meds. I basically learned that veggies are super important. I knew this before but I rarely think about how few I actually eat. The cup of broccoli with dinner doesn’t really meet a daily requirement. So now I am trying to figure out how to get more fruits and veggies in my day to day. This soup will totally help us out! Green beans, kale, carrots, zucchini! The green stuff packs the best nutrient rich punch. This soup is so classic and perfect to keep healthy in the fall and winter months. So lets work on getting those veggies in this holiday season! You can start by making this soup. 🙂
A little parm never hurt no one……
Little pockets of pasta make this hearty and comforting.
PS- i got a new coffee table that I took these pics on! Don’t you love target?Print
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 Medium onion (chopped)
- 1 cup carrots (chopped)
- 1 cup green beans (cut in half)
- 4 cups kale (chopped)
- 1 Medium zucchini (chopped)
- 4oz pasta (can use any kind of small pasta)
- 1 can white beans (drained)
- 1 can red kidney beans (drained)
- 28oz crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 heaped teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a large pot heat 2 TBS oil. Add onion, carrots, kale, and green beans, zucchini, salt and pepper, garlic, onion powder, oregano, and basil and saute about 10 minutes or until veggies start to soften.
- Stir in pasta, beans, tomatoes, and vegetable stock and cook about 15-20 minutes or until pasta is cooked.