Grilled Mayo Marinated Pesto Chicken
Once you try this Grilled Mayo Marinated Pesto Chicken you will be convinced that mayo is the way to marinade! Classic marinades are usually oil based, but I find they also let the oil just fall off the meat and sit around it instead of coating it. Well mayonnaise solves that problem! Mayo is basically just oil in a thicker form that can easily cling to meat so it makes a fabulous marinade. Chosen Foods avocado oil mayo is made with the best ingredients around so it is the clear choice for this chicken! If you have been using olive oil for years and are wondering if you should switch to avocado oil, the answer is yes, especially if you are cooking at high heat. Olive and avocado oil are similar when it comes to the benefits but avocado oil has a 500 degree smoke point, which makes it perfect for grilling!
Avocado oil is also from Baja Med (California & Mexico) where avocados thrive, where olive oil is from the Mediterranean where olives are the jam. Make sense? Cool! With the combo of mayo being such a good marinade and avocado oil’s high smoke point, go get yourself a bottle of Chosen Foods Mayo and let’s make this marinade!
All you have to do is add all of the ingredients to a blender then pour that over some chicken! Let it marinate for an hour or as long as overnight.
The result is this crazy tasty chicken you will love!
This post was sponsored by Chosen Foods and all opinions are 100% my own. Their whole line of products is incredible.
Pin the image below to save this Grilled Mayo Marinated Pesto Chicken recipe for later!
- ½ cup Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 lb chicken breasts (pounded to even thickness)
- In a blender combine Chosen Foods mayo, basil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper and blend to break the basil down.
- Add the chicken into a large ziploc bag, or into a pyrex dish, then pour in the basil mayo marinade on top of the chicken and toss to coat.
- Place in the fridge and let marinate for a minimum of 1 hour but up to 24 hours.
- Place your grill on medium high heat. Once the grill is hot, oil the grill grates.
- Place the chicken on the grill and grill for 4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.