Citrus Chicken Salad w/ Vanilla Orange Vinaigrette
Citrus season is in FULL SWING people!! It is time to embrace it and stuff all of our meals full of that vibrant Vitamin C we love so much. I don’t know about you but when I think of oranges and orange flavored anything… my mind immediately goes to an orange creamsicle. Whether that is one of those old school 50/50 bars or an orange cream soda – those flavors just take me back and make me so happy! So now that I don’t drink soda or do much dairy, what are my options? Let’s break it down. The two main flavors that come together so well are orange and vanilla. You can only imagine where my mind went when my friends at Vital Proteins came out with their new Vanilla & Coconut Water Collagen Peptides! Immediately I thought of blending a frozen banana with almond milk, the vanilla peptides and orange juice – hello orange julius! But I wanted to get a bit more creative and keep this Whole30 compliant – so HELLO VANILLA ORANGE VINAIGRETTE!! Yes I know these sweet flavors on salad? Kelsey, really??
Well you can question we all you like but I am telling you this salad is perfection. Matt took a bite and he gave me to stare and the UHHH grunt. Which, trust me, is good!!! This salad is super simple too. Take any cooked chicken whether you bake it, pull it off a rotisserie chicken or grill it, and throw it over the dressed greens with all of the citrus and a few sliced almonds and you have a salad sure to please a crowd!
The Vanilla Coconut Water Collagen Peptides are available on Vital Proteins website and have incredibly clean ingredients – especially for how packed with vanilla flavor they are!! Add them to smoothies, salads, coffee and whatever else you can dream up!!
Grapefruit and orange go together so well with this dressing!
Citrus flavor are super versatile and can be used in many different recipes:
This post is sponsored by Vital Proteins! I was compensated and all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you so much for supporting Little Bits Of!Print
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange Juice
- 3 tablespoons Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides
- 2 cooked chicken breast
- 4 large handfuls mixed greens
- 3 large handfuls kale
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- ½ grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Combine olive oil, orange juice and Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides in a jar or shaker bottle and shake until well combined. Season with salt to taste. Place mixed greens and kale in a bowl and pour over some of the dressing. You won’t use all of the dressing so just pour enough until it is dressed how you like. Toss to coat greens well. Top with chicken, orange, grapefruit and almonds!