Chai Spiced Oatmeal Bake
With warm spices and a drizzle glaze this Chai Spiced Oatmeal Bake is the perfect breakfast or snack.
This Chai Spiced Oatmeal Bake is an easy breakfast to make ahead on a Sunday to have ready for the week. My kids love all kinds of oatmeal bakes and I love that they are easy to grab out of the fridge and eat while I am making lunches and drinking coffee in the morning. Chai tea gets its great flavor from both tea and spices so this recipe has it all. Not only do we steep some tea bags into oat milk and use that but also a mix of chai spices which are cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
Cardamom is the flavor that really makes chai stand apart from your other basic holiday spices. So if you are like me and you love a make ahead breakfast moment, add this to your list next week! I am sure you will be happy you did!
- Chai tea bags
- Flax meal
- Baking powder
- Maple syrup
- Chai spice mix
Pin the image below to save this Chai Spiced Oatmeal Bake recipe for later!
- 1 cup non dairy milk*
- 3 chai tea bags
- 2 and 1/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tbsp flax meal (ground flax seeds)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp chai spice mix
- Icing (optional)
- Microwave milk for about 1 minute to warm then soak tea bags in warm milk for 5-10 min.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and pour into a square pyrex dish that has been lightly oiled.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.
- You can use regular dairy milk if you want!
- Icing: 3/4 cup powdered sugar + 2 tbsp chai tea (fun for a weekend breakfast!)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven