Cauliflower Fried Rice Fritters
Where are my Cauliflower Fried Rice fans at?? It is seriously one of our favorite dishes – we have it about once a week! So I thought, how can I keep the goodness of these going but mix up the packaging a bit?! Well hello Fritters! I have been experimenting with veggie fritters because they are so easy to whip together and I love eating food with my hands… so it’s a win win. I basically just combined all of the ingredients of my fried rice and mixed in egg and almond flour to hold them together in patties. Then you dip them in some tamari or coconut aminos for the best finger food eva! I think these would be fab at as a appetizer for guests but also as just a fun way to eat dinner!
Okay ready for a fun fact – this little white and yellow board is one of many cheese boards that we got for our wedding. I say many, I think the total is around 4, and they each have a cheese knife set that accompany them. When we were unpacking our kitchen stuff last month, Matt says, I don’t think we need allllll of these cheese knives. So of course I say, UMMM YES WE DO!!! And he says, “We rarely eat cheese and haven’t used these in 2 years since we got married”. Then I stared at them and hugged them and said, “but I love them!!!” So he agreed – I have one year to use all of them and whichever ones I don’t use in the next year, we have to get rid of. Okay okay, so WHO IS COMING OVER FOR MY CHEESE PARTY????? Seriously. I need to use these babies. I figure if I can try to use them in my food photos that totally counts as use. This is a warning so when we see me slicing chicken with a cheese knife in the future you know why.
Okay back to the fritters!!
I should also mention that I ate half of this batch hovered over this scene when I was done shooting. It was a glamorous lunch.
These fritters are not the only Cauliflower recipe we have on the site, here are a few more:
- 1 head of cauliflower, shredded
- 4–5 large shredded carrots
- ¼ pound minced green beans
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Combine shredded cauliflower, carrots and green beans together and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 3 minutes or until tender. Pour veggies on to a few layers of paper towels. Bring paper towels together around the veggies and squeeze to release some water and dry them well. Add the veggies to a medium bowl and add in the egg, almond flour, coconut flour, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper. Form into patties and set aside. Place a large skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon coconut oil to pan. Cook each fritter for 3 minutes on each side, making sure not to crowd the pan. Continue until all the fritters are cooked, adding more oil to the pan when needed. Dip in coconut aminos or tamari for extra flavor!