Orange Clove Almond Flour Loaf Cake
I am so excited to share this recipe with you today – it is such a winner! I love orange flavored anything but something about an orange loaf cake just makes me extra happy. When Matt and I lived in Long Beach we used to go to breakfast at this place called Park Pantry and they had the most insanely delicious orange muffins coated in sweet orange icing. They should really have called them cupcakes but I’ll allow the muffin label because they were the perfect after breakfast treat! This cake I definitely think you can snack on for breakfast because it is grain free and dairy free and that makes it a health food right? Well at least it makes it more nutrient packed than the processed white flour muffins of my past. One thing I couldn’t slack on was the icing. A proper loaf cake just needs a powdered sugar glaze!! I added a hint of clove into the bread because orange and clove make a fabulous combo.
Parchment lined pan is the way to go!
Look at that beautiful glaze!
If you love this loaf recipe we have a few more for you to try:
Pin the image below to save this Orange Clove Almond Flour Loaf Cake recipe for later!
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted
- ½ cup dairy free yogurt*
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tsp orange zest
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 ½ cups confectioners sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and coconut sugar and whisk to combine. Then add in almond milk, ghee, dairy free yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, orange zest and ground cloves whisk to fully combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and doesn’t jiggle in the middle when you lightly shake it.
- Once cooked, let it cool completely.
- In a small bowl combine confectioners sugar, orange juice, vanilla extract and orange zest and stir until smooth.
- Pour icing over the cooled cake and let sit to firm up.
- My favorite dairy free yogurt is kite hill.
- If you aren’t dairy free you can use regular plain yogurt.