Sweet Potato Toast Ice Cream Sandwiches
Day 5 = the end = DESSERT TIME!!! Sweet potato toast never looked so good. These are for real delicious and I ate all of them! The best part about sweet potatoes is that they easily go from savory to sweet. Think about it, sweet potato casserole topped with marshmallows? The sweetness of the sweet potato lends itself so well to any sweet you can think of – including ice cream! The best part is you can use any ice cream you like and it will be fabulous. Take your favorite dairy free or dairy full ice cream and just spread it between your COOLED sweet potato toast, freeze, then dip in some chocolate for the ultimate treat. It’s friday people, let’s celebrate! I have mentioned on instagram that I have been able to tolerate dairy so much more while being pregnant – which is a blessing and a curse! It was easy to say no to ice cream when I knew my stomach would hurt after but now it is a free for all. Although I have recently found an incredible dairy free ice cream I am obsessed with called Nadamoo! Highly recommend if dairy effects you negatively.
Now tell me, has sweet potato toast week gotten you to think outside the box? Are your culinary juices flowing? I sure hope so! Someone commented on my post from yesterday saying they had a BLT on SPT and I about died, that sounds amazing!! The options are endless and I sure hope you try something new too. Now got make some Sweet Potato Toast Ice Cream Sandwiches and enjoy the freakin weekend!
Is there anything better?
Sweet Potato are not just for savory sides, we have more sweet treats for you:
Pin the image below to save these Sweet Potato Toast Ice Cream Sandwiches!
- Sweet Potato Toast
- Ice Cream of your choice
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons refined coconut oil
- Optional toppings: mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, shredded coconut
- Make your sweet potato toast (directions below) and let them cool completely.
- Scoop about ¼ – ⅓ cup of your favorite ice cream (softened a bit) onto one piece and use a knife to spread it out a bit.
- Place another piece of sweet potato toast on top and repeat with however many you want to make. Place them in the freezer to harden before dipping in chocolate.
- When they are hardened, combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute, stir and then another 30 seconds until fully melted and combined.
- Dip the sweet potato toast ice cream sandwich into the chocolate halfway (i did mine at an angle), let the excess chococlate drip off, then place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet or plate. Sprinkle toppings on the chocolate then repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Freeze until chocolate is hardened. Keep them in the freezer until you are ready to enjoy them!
How to make Sweet Potato Toast:
- Slice sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices. Add to the toaster like you would bread and toast on high. Toast them 2-3 times through until there is browning on both sides and it is cooked through.