Instant Pot Italian Turkey Meatball Soup
Okay I guess I can take a small break from baked goods to share this amazing soup recipe with you all!! It has Italian Wedding Soup vibes but lightened up using turkey meatballs and rice. It is so easy to make thanks to the Instant Pot which is so incredibly needed these days! I am almost 37 weeks pregnant so meals like this are saving me. I also learned that Ruthie loves soup after making this! I made her a bowl and first she grabbed the meatballs with her hands and ate them, then used her spoon to slurp up the broth, saying “Mama I love soup!” in between each slurp. Anytime I can get her to try and like something new is a win! She is a typical toddler and would prefer chicken nuggets or quesadillas for most meals so I love when this happens. This soup is getting me very excited to start making even more soup recipes because they are delicious, cozy and easy to freeze for when baby comes!
If you love this Italian Turkey Meatball soup, we have a few more yummy soups for you to try:
Pin the image below to save this Instant Pot Italian Turkey Meatball Soup recipe for later!
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped onion
- Matt’s Famous Italian Turkey Meatballs
- 8 cups chicken or veggie stock
- 1 cup long grain rice (I used wild rice but any works)
- 2 cups chopped kale
- First, make the meatballs according to recipe (rolling into about 25 smaller meatballs) but don’t cook them yet.
- Turn the instant pot on saute and add 3 tablespoons of oil to the pot. Add meatballs and let cook for 3-5 min, turning them once.
- Remove meatballs and set aside.
- Add onion, carrots and celery to pot, cook on saute for 4 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock, long grain rice and meatballs to the pot.
- Put the lid on set to high pressure for 11 min and make sure it is set to sealing on top.
- When the timer is up, do the quick release and turn the knob to venting.
- Once pressure is released, add kale and season to your taste with salt.