Easy Hash Brown Potato Salad
Ready for the easiest side dish you will ever make in your life? COOL! This Easy Hash Brown Potato Salad came about one day when I bought everything to make a potato salad recipe… except I forgot the potatoes. So I looked in the freezer, found a bag of frozen hash browns and this wonderful weeknight hack was born. My favorite thing about this recipe is that it is so easy to make different variations of! The only ingredients are hash browns, salad dressing and mayo and you can use any salad dressing you want! I used Primal Kitchen’s Dreamy Italian dressing, but also love their BBQ Ranch, Greek dressing, or basically anything in the fridge.
This is great for a barbecue but it really comes in clutch on a busy weeknight when you have no idea what to make for a side dish. Also helps that Ruthie loves potatoes so she gobbles this stuff up. She is kinda of a food eating machine and I love it so much. If you follow my instagram stories you probably see her eating large handfuls of yummy food on the daily and carbs like this are her #1 bestie.
So grab some salad dressing and go to town!
Have lots of hash browns taking up some in your freezer? We have more recipes to use them up!
Pin the image below to save this Easy Hash Brown Potato Salad for later!
- 1.75 lb bag frozen shredded hash browns
- 1/2 cup salad dressing*
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise*
- salt to taste
- Defrost frozen hash browns.
- This can be done in a microwave safe bowl, cooked for 4-5 minutes, stirring every minute, or on the stove top over medium heat with 1 tbsp of oil, until defrosted and warm.
- In a large bowl combine warm hash browns, salad dressing and mayonnaise.
- Season with salt to taste.
- *To make this Whole30 compliant be sure to use salad dressing and mayonnaise that is compliant – I love Primal Kitchen!
- In this recipe I used Primal Kitchen’s Dreamy Italian dressing