Chai Spiced Palmiers
Day 5: Hello wonderful people! Tonight I made Palmiers. I love simple yet impressive desserts. Thanks to Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry, you can make these sweet crispy delights in no time! First thaw out the puffy pastry. Then you will make your sugar – chai mix and sprinkle some on to your countertop.
Then lay out your thawed puff pastry sheet on the sugar mix and add more sugar on top of that.
Then roll up both sides until they meet in the middle.
Then slice and place on baking sheet.
Bake at 450 for 6 minutes on one side and 4 minutes on the other side.
Deliciously crisp and sweet! Enojy!Print
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 sheets puff pastry, defrosted (recommended: Pepperidge Farm)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine the sugar, ginger, cloves, cardamom and kosher salt. Pour 1 cup of the sugar/salt mixture on a flat surface such as wooden board or marble. Unfold each sheet of puff pastry onto the sugar and pour 1/2 cup of the sugar mixture on top, spreading it evenly on the puff pastry. This is not about sprinkling, it’s about an even covering of sugar. With a rolling pin, roll the dough until it’s 13 by 13-inches square and the sugar is pressed into the puff pastry on top and bottom. Roll each side towards the middle until they meet. Make sure it is a tight roll. Once this is complete, wrap the dough in plastic wrap tightly and place in the refridgerator for about 30 minutes or until firm. Once firm, slice the dough into 3/8-inch slices and place the slices, cut side up, on baking sheets lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Place the second sheet of pastry on the sugared board, sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar mixture, and continue as above. (There will be quite a bit of sugar left over on the board.) Slice and arrange on baking sheets lined with parchment.
- Bake the cookies for 6 minutes until caramelized and brown on the bottom, then turn with a spatula and bake another 3 to 5 minutes, until caramelized on the other side. Transfer to a baking rack to cool.