Gingerbread Blondies w/ Almond Molasses Swirl
The holiday season is officially in full swing which means it’s time to bake! For me, gingerbread is one of my favorite flavors in December because it makes me think of the molasses cookies my mom makes and the gingerbread men we used to roll out and top with red hots! I love how those memories can be associated with flavors. So I decided to throw them in a whole wheat gingerbread blondie! The healthy fat I used for these? None other than Tessemae’s Mayonnaise!! I know i know, you are thinking mayo in my dessert?! But you guys have to trust me on this! What you might not know is that unlike most mayonnaise you see at the store that is packed with tons of terrible ingredients, Tessemae’s Mayonnaise has just a few super clean ingredients, mainly sunflower oil and eggs! That’s why it is perfect in these blondies to make them super moist and flavorful!
So you would think after making this tasty batter I would be done, but I couldn’t help myself! I just had to mix together some almond butter and molasses and swirl it throughout the batter for a little extra excitement! I tested these both in an 8×8 and a 9×13 pan and both were fab! Just depends on if you like them thicker or thinner! The 9×13 seems like it more though so thats always winning in my book. Okay let’s get back to this recipe. It is super simple, just start with the good old wet to dry ingredients!
I use almost this full jar in the recipe! How cute is their patriotic label?!
This post is sponsored by Tessemae’s! I was compensated and all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you so much for supporting Little Bits Of!
- 1 ¼ cups Tessemae’s Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar
- ¼ cup +2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, plus 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup blackstrap molasses
- 2 3/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine mayonnaise, coconut sugar, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla extract and molasses. Stir with a whisk until well combined. Then add in 1 cup of whole wheat flour and stir to combine. Add the rest of the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves and stir well to combine. Then spray your pan (either an 8×8” pyrex for thick blondies or a 9×13” pyrex for thinner) with some oil spray. Pour batter into the pan and set aside. In a small bowl combine almond butter and molasses and stir to combine. Drop little spoonfuls (about 2 teaspoons) of the mixture all over the top of the batter. Use a toothpick to swirl the almond butter mixture around the blondies. Bake for 35-40 minutes for a 9×13” pan and 45-50 minutes in an 8×8” pan, or until the batter is set and doesn’t wiggle in the middle. The almond molasses swirl will sink a bit and that is fine! Enjoy!