- 1 ½ cups raw cashews (soaked in hot water for 30 minutes-2 hours)
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz gluten free pasta (penne or fusilli are best)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb ground meat (turkey, beef, pork, sausage or chicken)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 cups frozen veggies
- Start off by making your garlic cashew sauce. In a blender combine soaked and drained cashews, chicken broth, nutritional yeast, minced garlic, garlic powder and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Cook your pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, place a large skillet, pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add oil to the pan then add in ground meat and break it up to cook evenly.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally while breaking up the meat, until browned. Add in 1 teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon garlic powder and ¼ teaspoon pepper and stir to combine.
- Add in the frozen veggies and cook everything until the veggies are soft and the meat is cooked through (about 5-7 more minutes).
- Add the cooked pasta into the pot with the meat and veggies then pour the sauce on top and stir it all together to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For frozen veggies, I like mixing a peas and carrots mix with broccoli.
- You can also use leftover veggies and just add them in at the same time to heat.
- You can use any pasta you like, my favorite in this dish is either penne or fusilli.