- 4 6 oz. steaks
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup pre-sliced mushrooms
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder + 1 tablespoon cold water (mixed in a bowl)
- Sprinkle both sides of steaks with salt and pepper and coat with a thin layer of arrowroot powder.
- Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove steak from pan and set aside.
- Add mushrooms, vinegar, broth, and lemon juice to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes or until mixture is reduced. Add arrowroot + water mixture and whisk into the pan until you reach your desired consistency. Return the steak to the pan. Cover and cook for an additional 2 minutes until steak is cooked to your liking.