- 1.5 lbs baby or petite gold potatoes*
- 4 tbsp oil (avocado or olive)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked & chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Sour cream
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil then add potatoes.
- Cook until fork tender (anywhere from 8-15 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes).
- When potatoes are fork tender, transfer into a paper towel lined bowl to dry off.
- For oven: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pour 2 tbsp oil on a baking sheet and place potatoes on the oil. Use the bottom of a cup to press down on each potato to flatten it. Add remaining 2 tbsp oil over the top of the potatoes then sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10 minutes, flip them, and cook for another 10-15 minutes until browned. Sprinkle cheese on top and cook for another 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- For Air Fryer: You will probably need to do a few rounds as all of them won’t fit in the air fryer. Place some of the potatoes in the air fryer and use the bottom of a cup to press down on each potato to flatten it. Make sure the potatoes are in one layer and not crowded. Drizzle with some oil and sprinkle with salt. Turn it on to 400 degrees for 5 minutes, flip and cook another 5 minutes. Add cheese to each potato and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Once the cheesy potatoes come out of the oven or air fryer you can add bacon, chives and sour cream to each, or you can arrange them into a flag and use bacon for the stripes and sour cream for the stars!
- *If you are going to make a flag, add about 6 small purple potatoes to the recipe!