- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Grease with butter and sprinkle with flour, an 8 x 8 square pan.
- Place rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan or in the microwave. Measure brown sugar into a bowl and stir in melted butter. Thoroughly mix in the eggs and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips. Spread the batter in the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes rotating pan half-way through. The top should be a golden brown.
- Let cool completely in pan on rack. Cut into squares.
- Recipe adapted from Joy the Baker