- 3/4 cup dried apple chips
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp salt
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp arrowroot powder
- Place apple chips in a food processor and blend until broken up into a powder.
- Add in dried minced onion and pulse a few more times to break down.
- In a jar combine apple, dried onion, coconut sugar, salt, garlic powder, paprika and arrowroot powder.
- Shake or stir to combine thoroughly.
- Best used on pork or poultry.
- Recommend using a smoker for low and slow cooking with rubs with higher sugar content.
- Recipe makes enough for multiple uses so keep the leftovers in the cupboard!