- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can diced and fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped Parsley (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pierce sweet potatoes 5-8 times with a fork. Place them on a foil lined baking sheet and roast for 45-55 minutes or until they are super fork tender. Remove and set aside.
- Place a pan over medium high heat and add oil to the pan.
- Add ground beef to the pan and cook, breaking up the meat, until it is cooked through (about 5-8 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water, chili powder, garlic powder and paprika and stir to combine. Let simmer for 5 minutes for all the flavors to combine and thicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice sweet potatoes down the middle and scoop in chili!