- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted
- ½ cup dairy free yogurt*
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice*
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and coconut sugar and whisk to combine. Then add in almond milk, ghee, dairy free yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon juice and whisk to fully combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and doesn’t jiggle in the middle when you lightly shake it.
- Once cooked, let it cool completely.
- In a small bowl combine confectioners sugar and lemon juice and stir until smooth. It should be thick and spreadable – add more lemon juice if needed!
- Pour icing over the cooled cake and spread evenly. Let sit to firm up.
- My favorite dairy free yogurt is kite hill.
- If you aren’t dairy free you can use regular plain yogurt.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes