- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or coconut oil
- ½ cup chopped fresh fennel (the white part)
- ¼ cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place a pan over medium high heat and add oil to the pan. Add chopped fennel to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until they start to brown. Then add chopped dates to the pan and stir to combine then cook for an additional minute. Remove pan from heat and transfer mixture to a plate or bowl to let cool for a few minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl combine ground chicken, dried sage, fennel & date mixture and salt. Stir or mix with hands until fully combined.
- Bring a pan over medium high heat and spray with oil spray or a little drizzle of oil. Scoop chicken into small patties and press them down in the pan with the back of a spatula. Cook for about 2 1/2 -3 minutes per side. Enjoy!