This Apple Coffee Cake is paleo and made with almond flour and coconut sugar for sweetness!
- 2 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup ghee, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled & chopped apples
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp melted ghee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 pyrex pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine the cake ingredients and whisk to combine.
- For the filling, in a medium saucepan combine apples and water and bring to a boil then reduce heat. Simmer, covered for about 5 minutes until apple are tender.
- In a small bowl combine ¼ cup coconut sugar, 1 tsp. arrowroot, 1 tsp cinnamon and ½ tsp nutmeg. Pour that into the apple mixture and stir, cooking until thickened and bubbly.
- In a separate smaller bowl combine the topping ingredients into a crumble mixture.
- Pour ½ of the cake batter into the prepared pan and spread out evenly. Then take the apple filling and and sprinkle it evenly over the batter.
- Scoop the rest of the batter on top of that and spread it out evenly and finish it by sprinkling the topping mixture evenly on top.
- Bake the coffee cake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (or with small crumbles).
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes