- 3 chicken thighs or breasts (boneless & skinless)
- 1 jar salsa (check labels!)
- 2 peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped kale
- Place 3 chicken breasts or thighs in a slow cooker with 1 cup of salsa. Cook for 3-4 hours on low. (My crockpot cooks things quickly so yours may require more or less time! Take a peak at 3 but if you are doubling or tripling it could be up to 5 hours) Once chicken is cooked, shred it in the slow cooker and mix with all of the juices then let sit on keep warm for at least 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Sweet Potato Rice:
- Shred your sweet potatoes either in a food processor with the shredder attachment or on a regular grater. In a large saute pan add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or ghee over medium high heat. Add sweet potato rice and cook covered for about 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium low and add cilantro & kale then cover for 1 minute so the kale can wilt slightly. Add in 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon garlic powder and some pepper. Then add lime juice and season to your liking!
- To make your bowl add sweet potato rice and top with salsa chicken. Garnish with more salsa and guacamole!