- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted
- ½ cup dairy free yogurt*
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tsp orange zest
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 ½ cups confectioners sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and coconut sugar and whisk to combine. Then add in almond milk, ghee, dairy free yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, orange zest and ground cloves whisk to fully combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and doesn’t jiggle in the middle when you lightly shake it.
- Once cooked, let it cool completely.
- In a small bowl combine confectioners sugar, orange juice, vanilla extract and orange zest and stir until smooth.
- Pour icing over the cooled cake and let sit to firm up.
- My favorite dairy free yogurt is kite hill.
- If you aren’t dairy free you can use regular plain yogurt.