- 1/2 cup (1 stick) + 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dark chocolate cups (coarsely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two cookie sheets and set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar together on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, then add to the butter mixture and beat until combined. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough into rounded tablespoons and place on baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Lightly press down to flatten each dough ball. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until done. For chewier cookies, bake for 9 minutes, for crispier baker for 11 minutes.