- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 pounds Beef Stew Meat (chuck Roast Cut Into Chunks)
- Salt And Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 4 ounces, weight Tomato Paste
- 3 1/2 cups Low Sodium Beef Stock Or Broth, More If Needed For Thinning
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- 1 cup chopped Dandy Celery
- 1 cup Peeled And Diced Carrots
- 2 cups Peeled and chopped Japanese Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Fresh Cilantro
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder + 3 tablespoons water
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon of the five spice powder over the stew meat. Place your instant pot on saute and add olive oil to the pot. Add sesame oil and brown half the stew meat until the outside gets nice and brown, about 2 minutes. (Turn it as it browns.) Remove the meat from the pot with a slotted spoon and put it on a plate. Add the rest of the meat to the pot and brown it, too. Remove it to the same plate. Set the meat aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot, stirring it to coat it in all the brown bits in the bottom of the pot. Cook for two minutes, then add the tomato paste to the pot. Stir it into the onions and let it cook for two more minutes.
- Pour in the beef stock, stirring constantly. Add the coconut aminos. Add the beef back to the pot, then add the celery, carrots and japanese sweet potatoes.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and close the steam valve. Press the “meat/stew” button, or set the cooker to 35 minutes of high pressure. After 35 minutes of high pressure, allow the cooker to naturally cool and release pressure.
- Taste and add arrowroot mixture to the pot and stir to thicken. Add salt and pepper as needed. Serve on Cauliflower Fried Rice and sprinkle on chopped cilantro.