- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp. pesto
- 10 oz. small pasta like bowtie or rotini
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 cup zucchini
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, start boiling water for pasta, add the salt and pepper and return to a simmer. Once the pot is boiling add pasta.
- Cook for about 10-12 minutes then drain.
- In a food processor or blender combine fresh basil, garlic cloves, pine nuts and olive oil.
- In a sauté pan, add the olive oil, pesto and the chopped garlic. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the vegetables: broccoli, snap peas and zucchini, stir to coat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken and pasta.
- Once everything is cooked, toss all in a large bowl, add parmesan cheese and enjoy!