- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups of cooked, shredded chicken breast
- ⅓ cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup dry roasted cashews
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with foil and add sweet potatoes to the pan.
- Pierce sweet potatoes about 4-6 times all over with a fork and bake them for 50-70 minutes or a fork can easily be pierced all the way through. (the time varies so much depending on the size of your sweet potato).
- When the sweet potatoes are almost done, place a skillet over medium heat.
- Once warm, add oil to the pan along with onion and garlic.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked, slice them in half lengthwise and scoop out most of the flesh, leaving a small layer so it can maintain its shape.
- In a large bowl combine sweet potato flesh, cooked onion and garlic, shredded chicken, salsa and chipotle powder.
- Mix thoroughly to combine, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Scoop mixture back into the sweet potato skins and place them back into the 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- To make cashew lime crema, combine cashews, hot water and lime juice in a blender and blend on for about 3 minutes, or until smooth and creamy. Season with salt to taste.
- Drizzle crema on sweet potatoes and enjoy!