- ½ cup shredded sweet potato
- ½ cup chopped broccoli
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 cups paleo crackers*
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor combine shredded sweet potato and chopped broccoli. Blend until veggies are very finely chopped.
- Add in ground chicken, salt, garlic powder and onion powder to the food processor and blend until smooth and combined.
- In a blender or food processor add paleo crackers and blend until pulverized and resemble bread crumbs. Pour those crumbs into a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, crack the eggs and whisk them with a fork to combine.
- Scoop chicken into nugget shapes (using slightly wet hands so it doesn’t stick to you) and place them one by one, first in the egg mixture to coat, then the cracker crumbs to coat.
- Place a pan over medium heat and add oil to the pan. Once the pan is hot add nuggets. Cook for about 30 seconds – 1 minute on each side (until lightly browned), then place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake them for 14 more minutes until cooked through.
- * Any crackers work for this if you want to use your child’s favorite!
- Air Fryer: If cooking in the air fryer, cook at 400 degrees for 8 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Reheating: If you have frozen your nuggets you can reheat them in the air fryer or oven at 400 degrees for 8 minutes in the air fryer and 15 minutes in the oven.