- 1 can of Safe Catch Ahi tuna, drained
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. and lightly grease a 12-cup mini muffin tin.
- Put the drained tuna into a bowl and use a wooden spoon to break it apart into very small flakes. Mix in the mayonnaise, tomato paste, parsley, oregano, and garlic.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and the salt. Add them to the tuna mixture and stir to combine thoroughly. Add ½ of the cheese and mix.
- Divide the mixture between the mini muffin cups; I used a 1 1/2 Tablespoon ice cream scoop. Bake tuna cheddar bites for 12 minutes or until they are set, the remove and add 1 teaspoon of marinara sauce to eat and a sprinkle of the remaining cheese. Return to the oven for 4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove bites from oven and let stand in the tins for 5 minutes. Use a sharp knife or offset spatula to loosen around the edges of the bites and remove them from the tin. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.