- Sweet Potato Toast
- Ice Cream of your choice
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons refined coconut oil
- Optional toppings: mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, shredded coconut
- Make your sweet potato toast (directions below) and let them cool completely.
- Scoop about ¼ – ⅓ cup of your favorite ice cream (softened a bit) onto one piece and use a knife to spread it out a bit.
- Place another piece of sweet potato toast on top and repeat with however many you want to make. Place them in the freezer to harden before dipping in chocolate.
- When they are hardened, combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute, stir and then another 30 seconds until fully melted and combined.
- Dip the sweet potato toast ice cream sandwich into the chocolate halfway (i did mine at an angle), let the excess chococlate drip off, then place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet or plate. Sprinkle toppings on the chocolate then repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Freeze until chocolate is hardened. Keep them in the freezer until you are ready to enjoy them!
How to make Sweet Potato Toast:
- Slice sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices. Add to the toaster like you would bread and toast on high. Toast them 2-3 times through until there is browning on both sides and it is cooked through.