- 2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked in water for 4–12 hours
- ½ cup chopped sweet potato, boiled for 8 minutes until tender
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil (refined for no coconut flavor), you can use light olive oil too
- 2 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a food processor combine 2 cups walnuts and 1 cup pitted dates. Blend until it comes together in a ball you can easily mold.
- Take an 8” springform pan and put the crust dough in the pan, pressing it down to cover the bottom and about ½ way up the sides. Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Drain your cashews that have been soaking and add them to your food processor with cooked sweet potatoes, vanilla extract, maple syrup, coconut milk, sea salt, coconut oil, lemon or lime juice and cinnamon.
- Blend for awhile until it is super smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides a few times.
- Once it is creamy, pour into the crust and spread it evenly. Place that back in the freezer to harden for at least 3 hours.
- Top with candied walnuts and a sprinkle of cinnamon!