- 1 ¾ cups oat flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup ghee, melted
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 oz (1/2 cup ) dairy free cream cheese frosting*
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 pyrex dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine all of the cake ingredients and stir to combine until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the cake cools combine dairy free cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract and stir to combine until smooth. Once cake is completely cooled, spread on the cream cheese frosting.
- You can also add a sprinkle of cinnamon on top if you like!
- I use Kite Hill cream cheese for dairy free but you can use any you like or even regular cream cheese if you don’t need dairy free.
- There are nut free and dairy free cream cheeses you can find as well, like Daiya.