- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 pound of ground beef
- ½ an onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 cup chopped parsnips
- 2 cups chopped potatoes
- 2 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 4 cups + 1 cup chicken broth (separated)
- Salt and pepper
- Place a large pot over medium heat and add oil to the pan.
- Add in the ground beef and chopped onion and cook while breaking it up with a wooden spoon until browned, about 5 minutes. Add in the carrots, celery, parsnips, potatoes, rosemary, thyme and 4 cups chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until all of the veggies are fork tender.
- Scoop out 1 cup of the potatoes and add them to a blender with remaining 1 cup of chicken broth. Blend on high until smooth, then pour that back into the pot of soup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.