- 3 green apples
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1lb breakfast sausage (hot, regular any will work)
- ½ c cheddar cheese (optional)
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl mix chopped apples, cinnamon and nutmeg, set aside.
- In a large skillet cook your sausage and crumble it as you go. Once cooked remove and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Next add 2 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper and chopped potatoes to the skillet, cook until just fork tender, 8-10 min.
- Add sausage and potatoes to a baking dish, set aside.
- Add your chopped apples to the skillet with remaining 2 tbsp butter and cooked until just browned 5 min. Once those have cooked you want to toss the cooked sausage potatoes and apples together in the baking dish, and lightly cover with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 min or until cheese is melted.