- 1 1/2 cups Dandy Radish Ministicks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon whole mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon whole fennel seeds
- Pork Shoulder (2-3 lbs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (find one with clean ingredients!)
- 1/2 cup orange juice (separated)
- 1/2 head of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup fresh Dandy Radish Ministicks
- Place a small saucepan over high heat and add water, red wine vinegar, honey, salt, whole mustard seeds and whole fennel seeds and bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- In a mason jar combine Dandy Radish Ministicks and pickling liquid and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, smoked paprika, turmeric and ground fennel. Pour mixture onto pork and spread it evenly all over the meat.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and place a dutch oven over medium high heat. Add olive oil to the pan and once it is heated add pork and brown on both sides (about 30 seconds per side).
- Then add onion, liquid smoke, barbecue sauce and 1/4 cup orange juice.
- Cover and place in the preheated oven for 3-4 hours or until nice and tender!
- Remove pork from the dutch oven and shred, then add back into the pot with 1/4 cup orange juice and stir to combine.
- Add cabbage to a large bowl. In a small jar combine red wine vinegar, coconut sugar, olive oil and salt and shake to combine. Pour dressing over cabbage.
- Remove pickled radishes from the jar and add to the cabbage. Then add the fresh Dandy Radish Ministicks and stir everything to combine.
For Serving: Top pulled pork with coleslaw and serve it in cabbage cups or on bread!
*You can also use a slow cooker instead of a dutch oven and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
*INSTANT POT: Follow the instructions the same way but do the sauté part in the instant pot then put it on manual for 55 minutes!