- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 heaping teaspoons peanut butter
- 4 heaping teaspoons jelly (your favorite kind – i love smuckers “simply fruit”)
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Divide ground beef into 4 balls and form them into the shape of your sweet potato toast slices (but a bit larger as they will shrink when cooked). Season lightly on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place a pan over medium high heat and once it is hot, cook bacon until crispy. Remove from the pan and set asie.
- Keep the pan on medium high heat with bacon grease in it and cook beef patties for about 2 minutes per side or until desired doneness is achieved (this depends a lot on your pan, stove, how thick your patties are and how you like them cooked!).
- Make your sweet potato toast (directions below) and slather 1 heaping teaspoon of peanut butter (or however much you like) on one piece and 1 heaping teaspoon of jelly on another piece.
- Place burger patty on the peanut butter side, followed by a slice of cooked bacon (cut in half), then the jelly side. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Makes 4 burgers!
How to make Sweet Potato Toast:
- Slice sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices. Add to the toaster like you would bread and toast on high. Toast them 2-3 times through until there is browning on both sides and it is cooked through.