- 1/3 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups packed fine almond flour (do not use almond meal)
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Sticky bun topping:
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple sryup, egg, vanilla, almond flour, arrowroot, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and stir to fully combine. Scoop into 12 even balls and roll them in your hands to they are evenly shaped.
- Place them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and press them down so they are a bit flatter, then push your thumb into the middle to make a well. Set aside.
- Place a medium skillet over medium high heat and add ⅓ cup coconut sugar, 2 tablespoons of water and 1 cup of chopped pecans and cook, stirring occasionally until the sugar is thick and sticky on the pecans (about 4-5 minutes). Remove the pecans from the skillet and pour them onto another sheet of parchment paper and spread out the pecans as much as you can. Let them cool.
- Make the cinnamon coconut sugar mixture in a small bowl and sprinkle it all over the cookies. Then add some of the sticky pecan mixture on in the well of each cookie. Add a little more cinnamon coconut sugar on top and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cook before eating!