- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 (4 serving size) package vanilla or cheesecake instant pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 1 3 oz. package orange flavored Jello
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- orange food coloring gel (optional)
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 5 1/2 to 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- orange food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottoms of four 8-inch cake pans with wax paper. Spray pan sides with cooking oil. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- For ombre effect: Divide batter evenly into four bowls. Add food coloring gel to three of the bowls, in increasing amounts. Pour into cake pans. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, orange extract and vanilla. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until desired consistency. If desired, add food coloring and beat to combine.